“The “Prez” failed many morality tests long before he moved into the White House.
– He didn’t pay people who did an honest day’s (or more) work for him
– He bragged that anyone who was rich like him could just grab women by the P***y
– he started with a new woman while still married to his wife
– as the sponsor of at least one beauty pageant, he came into the changing room and ogled the young contestants
– he mocked a disabled journalist
– he lied to us repeatedly and impudently, such as in promising he was going to be Prez to work, not golf
– quick to call out Obama and others who were being cautious about naming radical Islamism as terrorism, he still won’t call the Las Vegas shooter or Charlottesville mob domestic or white-power terrorists even though they are.
– He supports a pedophile because — like Moore, the Republican — they both are the leering/grabbing-at-teen-girls type, and because despite his promise to be a President for all the people, Democrats just don’t cut it with him.
There have been those who, gaining high office, did not use it to stab down in the name of whatever. Obama maintained a sense of decorum and solemnity at almost every turn; Jimmy Carter tried to get us to see the seriousness of impending climate changes, but was drowned out by the oil and related interests. Trump has tantrums and tweets.
Maybe to some small extent, through no effort of Trump’s own, we see changes happening because of what Obama set in motion for the months and years to come after he left office. Those who voted Trump held their noses through the things I listed above and voted for him anyway.
Why does Heather Heyer have to be termed a leftie saint rather than a beacon of reason? Why does the Republican base support Roy Moore and denigrate Al Franken – because there’s a picture of Franken? But there’s a video of Trump boasting he can just kiss anyone because he’s rich, but now he tells us to disbelieve our own eyes and ears. So according to the So-Called-Ruler-Of-The-US and his apologists, one hamming-it-up Franken photo with a now-disgruntled woman (with whom he worked out all sorts of sexual-silliness skits) has to go, and multiple allegations against Republi-Roy are not to be believed because it was 40 years ago, and the Access Hollywood tape is fake news – why? Because what casts dispersions on Republicans, whoever the witness is, is to be denied as “fake news”.
The RWNJs stab torches to the sky and spew violent epithets. The left for the most part marched with candles against the dark, and sang, and protected clergypeople from haters. The anti-abortion crowd has that as their driving force, not women’s rights, not climate science, no other. You and your kin may be raising your sons to be fine people, not to disparage those different from them or denigrate women, but Dolt45 isn’t. Of course he’s a racist (even if he’s not against those members of his family who are Jewish), just like he’s obviously an elitist male chauvinist pig, and just as he’ll never again say he’s a Democrat, as he once did, because there’s too much (he thinks) he stands to gain from throwing his lot in with those who are so much like himself.
You women, and your mothers and sisters and daughters were female before you and they chose sides, before anyone knew a damn thing about politics. Are you and your family really so like him, as to deny other women?
Who, I wonder, voted for him, and if so, how will you begin to make up for it? Whence forward, for — if not moving in righteous formation with these vile men’s accusers, if not in Heather Heyer’s footsteps — then how?